span.fullpost {display:inline;}

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Bit 37 - Fight Harder






Date of Scene

Saturday, August 31, 1963

Daytime


Scene Description




Dialogue

Johnny Castle
That little wimp. He wouldn't know a new idea if it hit him in the pachenga. I could have told him some new ideas.

Baby Houseman
Why did you let him talk to you that way?

Johnny Castle
What, fight the boss man?

Baby Houseman
You tell him your ideas. He's a person like everyone else.

Johnny Castle
Look, I know these people. They are rich and they're mean. They won't listen to me.

Baby Houseman
Why not fight harder? Make them listen.

Johnny Castle
Because I need this goddamned job lined up for next summer. My dad calls me today. "Good news," he says. "Uncle Paul can finally get you in the union."

Baby Houseman
What union?

Johnny Castle
The House Painters and Plasterers. Local #179 at your service.

(Baby and Johnny see Lisa, Jake and Robbie strolling and talking.)

Lisa Houseman
I've been thinking a lot about the Domino Theory. Now, when Viet Nam falls, is China next?

Baby Houseman
I don't think they saw us.

Johnny Castle
Fight harder, huh? I don't see you fighting so hard, telling Daddy I'm your guy.

Baby Houseman
I will. With my father, it's complicated. I will tell him.

Johnny Castle
I don't believe you, Baby. I don't think that you ever had any intention of telling him, ever.


Song Lyrics





Remarks

No comments:

Post a Comment