span.fullpost {display:inline;}

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Bit 42 - Max Accuses Johnny





Date of Scene

Sunday, September 1, 1963

Morning


Scene Description




Dialogue

Max Kellerman
You know how you feel when you see a patient and you think he's all right. Then you look at the x-rays, and it's nothing like you thought?

Jake Houseman
What happened, Max?

Max Kellerman
It's exactly what it's like when you find out one of your staff's a thief.

Neil Kellerman
Moe Pressman's wallet was stolen when he was playing pinochle last night. It was in his jacket hanging on the back of his chair. He had it at.1:30, and when he checked again at quarter of four [3:45], it was missing.

Max Kellerman
Vivian thinks she remembers this dance kid Johnny walking by. So we ask him, "You have an alibi for last night?" He says he was alone in his room reading.

Neil Kellerman
There are no books in Johnny's room!

Baby Houseman
There's been a mistake. I know Johnny didn't do it.

Neil Kellerman
There's been similar thefts at the Sheldrake. It's happened here before. Three other wallets.

Baby Houseman
I know he didn't do it.

Neil Kellerman
Stay out of it, Baby.

Max Kellerman
(Walking away to talk to restaurant workers)
Wait. Don't put those tables together. Come on.

Baby Houseman
Daddy, I need your help. I know Johnny didn't take Moe's wallet.

Jake Houseman
Oh? How do you know?

Baby Houseman
I can't tell you. Just please trust me, Daddy.

Jake Houseman
I'm sorry, Baby. I can't.

Max Kellerman
(Returning to the table with a danish)
This Danish is pure protein.

Baby Houseman
Oh, Mr. Kellerman, look. Maybe Johnny didn't do it. Anyone could've taken it. Maybe it was, uh--

It could've been that little, old couple, the Schumachers. I saw her with a couple of wallets.

Max Kellerman
Sylvia and Sidney?

Jake Houseman
Baby, you don't go around accusing innocent people.

Baby Houseman
I even saw them at the Sheldrake. You said something was stolen from there.

Max Kellerman
(Addressing Baby)
I got an eyewitness, and the kid has no alibi.

(Addressing Neil)
Come on, Neil. You'll learn what it's like to fire an employee.

Baby Houseman
Wait a minute. I know Johnny didn't take the wallet. I know because he was in his room all night. And the reason I know is because I was with him.



Music





Remarks

1 comment:

  1. Baby said she saw them at the Sheldrake.Why did nobody ask what she was doing at the Sheldrake?

    ReplyDelete