span.fullpost {display:inline;}

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Bit 49 - Johnny Returns








Date of Scene

Sunday, September 1, 1963

Afternoon


Scene Description




Dialogue

Johnny Castle
Nobody puts Baby in the corner. Come on.

Sorry about the disruption, folks, but I always do the last dance of the season. This year somebody told me not to, so I'm going to do my kind of dancing with a great partner who’s who's not only a terrific dancer but somebody who's taught me that there are people willing to stand up for other people no matter what it costs them -- somebody who's taught me about the kind of person I want to be: Miss Frances Houseman.

Marjorie Houseman
Sit down, Jake.

I think she gets this from me.


Song Lyrics

The Time of My Life

Now I've had the time of my life.
No, I never felt like this before.
Yes, I swear it's the truth,
And I owe it all to you.

I've been waiting for so long.
Now I've finally found
Someone to stand by me.

We saw the writing on the wall
As we felt this magical fantasy.
Now with passion in our eyes
There's no way
We could disguise it secretly.

So we take each other's hand
'Cause we seem to understand
The urgency.

Just remember:
You're the one thing
I can't get enough of

So I'll tell you something:
This could be love because
I've had the time of my life.

With my body and soul
I want you more
Than you'll ever know.
So we'll just let it go.

Don't be afraid to lose control.
Yes, I know what's on your mind
When you say:
"Stay with me tonight."

I've searched through every open door
Till I found the truth,
And I owe it all to you
Now I've had the time of my life.


Remarks

See also:

The Psychology of the Movie's Happy Ending.

I think she gets it from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment